Against All Odds Israel Survives (6 DVDs-9 Hours)
Does a Divine Power Continue to Uphold Israel?
- Disc 1: Episodes 1-3 Shula Cohen, a married woman living in Beirut, risks her life to become one of Israel’s most famous spies. Israeli troops in the Yom Kippur War are saved when a mysterious wind exposes thousands of mines that imperil their lives. During WWI, the biblical account of Saul and Jonathan inspires a British major to launch an improbable victory against a Turkish garrison.
- Disc 2: Episodes 4-6 An outnumbered Israeli squad is saved when approaching enemy troops inexplicably flee. Compelling dramatizations and interviews chronicle miraculous triumphs in Israel’s fight for independence from the British and in the establishment of a Jewish homeland in 1948. The devastating history and haunting legacy of the Holocaust is considered.
- Disc 3: Episodes 7-9 Avigdor Kahalani, one of Israel’s most decorated and beloved war heroes, shares his incredible stories of survival and victory in the Yom Kippur War. Considering the miracle of Israel’s own existence, her citizens share firsthand what it means to live in the land of their forefathers.
- Disc 4: Episodes 10-12 Strange beings wielding flaming swords foil marauding Arabs in their attempt to destroy a Jewish community. Thousands of storks suddenly appear to devour locusts plaguing a farming village. The subject of miracles and faith take a personal meaning when former hostage Sarah Davidson recalls the harrowing 1976 hostage crisis that set the stage for a daring rescue mission at Entebbe airport.
- Disc 5: Episode 13 plus Extra Feature This stirring episode reflects on the remarkable people and incredible stories that pose the question: Is Israel a place of miracles? Extra Feature: Series writer and director Tom Ivy hosts “Against All Odds: The Making of a Miracle,” a fascinating behind-the-scenes look at the creation of this extraordinary exploration of fact and faith.
- Disc 6: Against All Odds – Feature Film This feature film version captures all the powerful drama and uplifting spirit of the stirring 13-part series. Gripping dramatizations, eyewitness accounts and interviews with historians and religious leaders etch a fascinating portrait of a nation’s soul.
- Extra Feature: Photo Gallery